Located in Salem and Beaverton, Oregon
Call for Consultation +1 (503) 206-8414
Vanderwall Immigration Attorneys Portland Oregon Logo
Uniting Families Through Immigration

Victims of Violence: U-Visa, VAWA

The U-visa allows victims or witnesses of certain types of crimes to apply for a temporary non-immigrant visa and a work permit. This process can eventually lead to lawful permanent residency and citizenship. In order to be eligible for this visa, you must be a victim of a qualifying crime, have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse because of the crime, and be helpful in the investigation of the crime. Some crimes that qualify for the U-visa include: felonious assault, sexual abuse, and domestic violence. We will help you to determine if you qualify for the U-visa, and prepare all of the forms, documentation, and supporting evidence for your application package.

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) seeks to protect men and woman who have been abused by their family members. Some victims of abuse can self-petition to obtain their lawful permanent residency. We will help you determine if you qualify under VAWA and work with you through the entire petition process to achieve your residency.

violence aganst women act immigration programs

Contact us for your
immigration consultation