Located in Salem and Beaverton, Oregon
Call for Consultation +1 (503) 206-8414
Vanderwall Immigration Attorneys Portland Oregon Logo
Uniting Families Through Immigration

Fiancé Visas

U.S. Citizens can apply to bring their fiancé to the United States in order to get married in the United States and obtain their lawful permanent residence.

If you would like to bring your fiancé to the United States, you must show:

  • You (the petitioner) are a U.S. citizen.
  • You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé entering the United States.
  • You and your fiancé are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
  • You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver:
    1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé’s foreign culture or social practice.
    2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.

We can help you through the entire fiancé petition process. Once your fiancé is in the United States we can help you to apply for your fiancé’s lawful permanent residence (green card).

fiance visa assistance

Contact us for your
immigration consultation