Located in Salem and Beaverton, Oregon
Call for Consultation +1 (503) 206-8414
Vanderwall Immigration Attorneys Portland Oregon Logo
Uniting Families Through Immigration

family will not petition visa

What Can I Do If My Abusive Family Member Won’t Petition for Me to Get a Visa?

If you are being abused by a family member who is a US citizen or resident, and that person is unwilling to help you get an immigration visa, you may be able to petition for yourself, also known as a self-petition.

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) is a section of immigration law that that is meant to help victims of abuse, whether they are men or women. Under VAWA, certain family members of US citizens and residents do not… Continue readingSeguir Leyendo

Contact us for your
immigration consultation